Thursday, September 22, 2022

Story 458: Endless Afternoon

“I love afternoons.”

“I’m more of a morning person myself.”

“Nah, I don’t feel rested early enough in the day to be a morning person.  I like getting everything done in the morning, then after lunch have absolutely nothing scheduled until dinnertime, which is preferably after 6:00 so I can maximize that part of the day.”

“Sounds boring.”

“One person’s ‘boring’ is another person’s ‘relaxing.’”

“OK, so what do you do during your maximized leisure hours?”

“What do you mean, ‘do?’  Just what I said earlier, nothing!”

“You can’t do nothing, that’s just staring into space, or sleeping.”

“I do a bit of that – sleeping, that is.  Take a little naptime.”

“Doesn’t that throw off your sleep schedule at night?”

“Eh.”

“So if you’re not working or at an event or whatever in the afternoon, you just fall asleep?”

“Yeah – well, not every time.  I usually watch a movie or play a video game or read – you know, veg out.  It’s all part of my perfect day.”

“You would do that for hours every single day if you could?”

“Heh-heh, more than that.  All day, every day, until the bitter end.  I wish the entire day could be one giant afternoon, to be honest.”

“That’s called ‘idealized childhood.’”

“…Oh yeah.  Whaddya know?”

No comments:

Post a Comment